eBay's Fall 2022 Seller Update is enhancing listing and promoting with videos and new features for stores.
Share what makes you unique with Store videos
Sometimes it’s the story behind a business that makes the sale. By letting your buyers know the history, values, and passion that goes into your business, you can help them understand what makes your business unique and inspire them to buy from you.
You can now easily upload videos to your Store’s About tab directly from your Store edit page and they’ll appear after the first image in your gallery.
Enhance your listings with videos
You'll notice the new listing flow has the option to upload a video to your listing. Videos can act as your 24/7 salesperson, engaging potential buyers, answering their most common questions, and showcasing the unique features and applications of your products, bringing your listings to life in a way that images can’t.
Both of these features started rolling out in phases over the last year or so, so they aren't really new, but not all sellers may have had access to them before.
Gain more interest by emailing newsletters offering promotions to buyer groups
Draw attention to your top-selling listings by creating customized newsletters, buyer groups, and promotions using the tools on Seller Hub. Here’s how:
Send templated newsletters to reach beyond your subscribers and engage targeted buyer groups, such as buyers who’ve bought from you in the last 30 to 180 days
Reach buyers with promotions like coupons, order discounts, markdown and sale events, that you can set up easily in Seller Hub
Activate your inventory strips to attract more buyers
Create inventory strips to showcase your new or seasonal items. You can add items manually or automatically to draw buyers’ attention to your bestsellers, new inventory, or listings that are ending soon. Merchandising strategies show that buyers are 25% more likely to view highlighted listings*.
Learn how your newsletters are performing with new reports
New reporting capabilities let you see how many buyers have opened and clicked on an item on your newsletter. You can also see how many total buyers you’ve reached and the total sales you made 30 days after a buyer clicks on a product link. These are great ways to understand how many of your buyers are engaging with your newsletters, and with your Store.
Again, not much really new or exciting here - it looks like mostly small tweaks and enhancements building on the previous stores changes that have been happening in the last year.
Get more visibility for your Store
Getting your Store seen by buyers is important, so we’ve added more ways buyers can find and save your Store across eBay. Here’s what we've done so far.
Searching Stores is easier with new ways to appear on eBay
- If a buyer searches for your Store using the eBay search bar, a link appears pointing them right to your Storefront
Optimize your Store’s visibility to increase buyers’ interest
Buyers can now see Store names on listing pages to easily find your storefront. We’ve also added new features on Store pages to help buyers navigate through listings easily.
- Listing pages now show your Store name and branding in place of your profile logo and username, and your Store logo can appear in more places too
- Listing pages have a new Store category module with up to 9 categories and a ‘“See all” button for buyers to explore more
- Your Store details and branding are now featured more prominently on your Seller Profile page and buyers can save your Store as a favorite
- A redesigned category listing navigation has been added to your Storefront giving buyers an easy, at-a-glance way to explore your Store categories
- Desktop users can see a new seller module allowing buyers to view your Store’s logo, name, and popular categories when viewing one of your listings
Buyer groups were introduced earlier this year but it's good to see them expanding to newsletters and the reporting feature for newsletters will be a nice addition too!