The Indie Sellers Guild, borne out of last year's Etsy Seller Strike, has announced plans to host their first annual virtual convention April 13-14, 2024, promoting "freedom from Etsy and other Big Tech."
The virtual event will include the launch of a Marketplace Accreditation Program and unveiling of a new membership site as well as a mix of pre-recorded videos, live videos that will be recorded for viewing later, and chat discussions on a variety of topics for artisan and creators.
You do not need to be an ISG member to attend. Tickets are only $1.00 to attend during the event and for $5 you can have lifetime access to all the recordings.
Panels include sessions on:
- What to do if you get screwed by a tech platform - with Katharine from the Electronic Frontier Foundation
- How to use your Etsy shop to direct traffic to your own site (without breaking Etsy’s rules) - with Kristi Cassidy, ISG President
- Results from our Marketplace Research Project - What do sellers and customers really want from an online marketplace – with Samantha Close, Ph.D.
- Interview with Racheal from Mayfli marketplace in the UK
- Interview with Jon from goimagine marketplace
- How Customers can support small sellers
And more! There will also be
- Silent auction
- Vendor row
- Information from other organizations for creative indie sellers
- Research surveys to let your voice be heard
- Opportunities to network and build community
- Giveaways and exclusive merch
View the full schedule of events, sign up to be a vendor, volunteer or sponsor, and purchase tickets at: