Amazon is expanding seller options for customer engagement with the introduction of Tailored Audiences, announced today at the Amazon Accelerate conference.
Previously sellers using Amazon Customer engagement were limited to marketing only to brand followers or shoppers who followed their stores. With Tailored Audiences, they can now reach out to customer segments based on repeat purchases, high spend, or recency.
Until now, sellers using Amazon Customer Engagement have only been able to market to one segment of their customer base on Amazon: brand followers, or shoppers who opt to “follow” their stores.
With Tailored Audiences, brands can now engage customers who have purchased from your brand in the past. Through the free tool’s easy-to-use campaign templates and customer segmenting capabilities, you can reach out to select customers through email marketing to inform them of new products, offer deals, and inspire repeat purchases.
3 customer groups you can engage with Tailored Audiences
Expand beyond brand followers when sending free email marketing campaigns and reach these three audiences who have already purchased products from your Amazon store:
- Repeat Customers: Customers who have ordered your brand’s products more than once in the last 12 months
- High-Spend Customers: The highest spending 25% of your brand’s customers in the last 12 months
- Recent Customers: The most recent 20% of customers who have purchased from your brand
Tailored Audiences also allows sellers to monitor email marketing campaigns and customer engagement with reports on open rate, click-through rates, emails delivered, opt-out rates, sales, and conversion.
Amazon is currently testing Tailored Audiences in a beta program, and plans to make it available to all U.S. sellers in early 2023 at no cost in Seller Central.
They also plan to enhance the messages’ design capabilities with custom HTML content and improved templates coming soon.
Marketing campaigns do go through moderation to make sure all images reflect the correct brand and do not violate any Amazon policies - warning: adult products are not supported at this time.
Amazon provided these suggest best practice for re-marketing campaigns for Tailored Audiences.
Best practices for re-marketing
Follow these tips to optimize your email marketing campaigns and yield the best results:
- Promote deals and new products as your primary product
- Use a lifestyle image for primary product’s supporting image
- Add supporting products to your campaign
- Send one email campaign (or less) per brand per week
- Send your campaign when customers are most engaged
- Use a brand logo image with a transparent background
What do you think of Amazon Tailored Audiences? Let us know in the comments below!