eBay has announced they are adding refurbished cellphones and smartphones to their "certified refurbished" program. Sellers in these categories will no longer be able to select "seller refurbished" as a condition option. Instead, "certified refurbished" will be the only option for refurbished goods and sellers will have to meet all the criteria to participate in eBay's certified refurbished program
How to qualify as a Certified Refurbished seller
To qualify for the certified refurbished program, you must meet a strict set of requirements, including proof that refurbished inventory was purchased directly from the manufacturer or authorized seller. eBay will review your account and inventory to ensure you meet all of the following program requirements:
- You are the manufacturer, or manufacturer-approved vendor, in which case you will need to provide evidence that you are authorized to resell the manufacturer’s products
- You are in good standing, have average or better service level metrics, and follow all eBay policies
- You are a US-based seller
- Your inventory meets certified refurbished condition requirements:
- Professionally refurbished to a high standard, with few or no visible blemishes
- Sold by or sourced directly from the manufacturer, with proof of purchase or authorization and a manufacturer’s warranty
- Listed with free shipping and 30-day free returns
- Shipped in new packaging (similar to new packaging or brown box) with original or new accessories
If sellers do not meet the criteria to offer certified refurbished items, they will need to list those items in "used" condition instead.
Official announcement and more info here:
eBay is the go-to destination for buying and selling refurbished inventory. Buyers can shop with confidence on eBay knowing they can find fully functional refurbished products in a spectrum of conditions that meet their needs—all at great prices. To ensure consistent seller standards and item quality, we’ve launched three new gated item conditions—Excellent, Very Good, and Good—and removed the “seller refurbished” item condition for Cell Phones & Smartphones.
If you have refurbished Cell Phone & Smartphone listings and would like to learn more about, and apply to and become part of the eBay Refurbished program, please visit our Seller Center page. If you meet program requirements, you can use the Excellent, Very Good and Good refurbished conditions and add the description in your listings, including titles, subtitles, and product descriptions to improve your listings visibility.
As a reminder, for all graded mobile phone inventory, we recommend the following steps:
Create a listing for each condition variation (Grade A, Grade B, Grade C, etc.) in the Used item condition.
Identify the condition variation in your listing title and item description. Example of a strong title: “Apple iPhone 11 Pro 256GB Midnight Green Carrier Unlocked Grade B.”
Learn how to create the perfect Cell Phone & Smartphones listing.
As always, thank you for selling on eBay.
The eBay Selling Team